Thistle Insurance Services is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time. This notice is effective from 24 May 2017.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Thistle Insurance Services
Or our Group’s representative, Andrew Robinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- financial information such as sums insured
What we do with the information we gather
We require the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in order to effect a contract of insurance on your behalf. In particular we obtain this information for the purpose of:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products/service, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- we may give your personal information to insurers for the purpose of assessing and providing your insurance cover
- we may give your personal information to premium credit financing organisations
We may obtain this information because we are required by insurers to provide it to them to assess and to provide your required insurances. It is a contractual and legal requirement.
How long we will keep your information
We are required to keep your basic personal information for a minimum of 7 years after which time it will be destroyed. Your information that we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, do not click the boxes to indicate that you want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes or passed to third parties
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any communication we send you
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your rights about your information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct or delete any information found to be incorrect. You also have, in certain circumstances, other rights to request that we stop processing information about you. In particular, you have the right to be “forgotten” (in other words, to request that we erase information we hold about you where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing the information), the right to ask us to limit our processing of your information, the right (if we are processing information based on your consent) to withdraw your consent to processing, and the right to object to certain processing of your information.
If you wish to obtain and reuse your personal information (for example, if you want to move, copy or transfer your information to another provider), please contact us.
If you wish to raise a complaint about the way we handled your personal information, you can contact our representative, Andrew Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).